Welcome to HILT2016. We are so excited that you will be joining us next week. Prior to your arrival, we ask that you complete a few steps:
- Read and review our HILT Welcome Packet 2016. This packet contains all of the information you might need for your stay with us including room locations, welcome statement, statement of values, a campus map, FAQ, and information on wifi, parking, and dormitory housing.
- Review your course page. Some instructors have elected to assign readings, provide pre-workshop exercises, and/or links to software installations. Please consult your course pages for up to date information. All questions regarding workshop preparation can be directed to your instructors.
- Analyzing and Presenting Spatial Data
- Building and Sustaining Digital Humanities Centers
- Database Design for Visualization and Analysis
- Digital Pedagogy and Networked Learning
- Getting Started with Data, Tools, and Platforms
- Humanities Programming
- Text Analysis from Object to Interpretation
- Working with Scalar
*If you are bringing your own laptop, please make sure to install the software for your required course prior to your arrival. Humanities Programming and Getting Started with Data, Tools, and Platforms have been assigned to computer labs that will have all required software pre-loaded on the campus laboratory machines. A couple of general reminders:
- Please park in the Hine Hall Garage (attached to Hine Hall) at the intersection of Blake Ave and Michigan Ave if you are staying in the dormitory. Parking passes will be provided at registration that will be used to exit this facility.
- Breakfast and lunch are on us for all participants and instructors. Your name badge is your dining pass. You’ll use this pass for both breakfast and lunch each day. We’ll be dining in the Campus Center this year. Please consult the itemized schedule for those locations.
- When you check in at HILT registration, you’ll get your name badge, wifi credentials, as well as the HILT gift and any parking passes that you paid for when you initially registered.
- We encourage you to get started on your Community Keynotes. Information on the keynotes is available on our special events page.
- For those who have reserved dorm rooms, information on roommates (where applicable) and check-in information is available on the dorm page.
- Don’t forget to register for a Dine Around and plan to join us at the Social monday evening!