Welcome to HILT2015. We are so excited that you will be joining us next week. Prior to your arrival, we ask that you complete a few steps:
- Read and review our welcome packet. This packet contains all of the information you might need for your stay with us including room locations, welcome statement, statement of values, a campus map, FAQ, and information on wifi, parking, and dormitory housing.
- Review your course page. Some instructors have elected to assign readings, provide pre-workshop exercises, and/or links to software installations. Please consult your course pages for up to date information. All questions regarding workshop preparation can be directed to your instructors.
*If you are bringing your own laptop, please make sure to install the software for your required course prior to your arrival. Humanities Programming and Getting Started with Data, Tools, and Platforms have been assigned to computer labs that will have all required software pre-loaded on the campus laboratory machines. A couple of general reminders:
- Please park in the Hine Hall Garage (attached to Hine Hall) at the intersection of Blake Ave and Michigan Ave. Parking passes will be used to exit this facility.
- Breakfast and lunch are on us for all participants and instructors. When you check in at HILT registration (Monday 7 – 8:45 am in the lobby immediately outside of the Tower Dining Hall), you'll receive a Dining Hall pass. You'll use this pass for both breakfast and lunch each day. This means you'll want to leave time Monday morning to have breakfast before the opening.
- When you check in at HILT registration, you'll get your name badge, wifi credentials, and meal passes as well as the HILT gift and any t-shirts, parking passes, or gym passes that you paid for when you initially registered.
- We encourage you to get started on your IGNITE talk. Information on ignite is available on our special events page.